Leading a Communion & Word Service
In case a priest is not available, any trained Eucharistic Minister could lead a Communion & Word Service in lieu of a Mass. Here's how you do it:
- You start with the Sign of the Cross.
- Read the Opening Prayer.
- Read all of the Readings.
- The leader has the option of giving a short reflection, but this isn't necessary.
- Pray the Our Father.
- Exchange the Sign of Peace.
- Go to the Tabernacle to get the ciborium with hosts and distribute communion. Then return the ciborium to the tabernacle.
- Conclude with the Closing Prayer and the Sign of the Cross.