Service Opportunities for Confirmation and High School
"My mission of being in the heart of the people is not just a part of my life or a badge I can take off; it is not an "extra" or just another moment in life. Instead, it is something I cannot uproot from my being without destroying my very self. I am a mission on this earth; that is the reason why I am here in this world." Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium (no. 273)
Various Group Service Projects will be scheduled throughout the year. You will receive notice or you can always check the sign up link below to see what's available. These opportunities are always a fun and exciting way to earn service hours with your friends and community. Service, in general, is performing one's religious duty and fulfilling one's moral responsibility of meeting the needs of others. To serve God is the primary obligation of human beings, personally and socially, to be done in acts of worship and prayer; and in acts of virtue as prescribed by the natural and revealed laws of God.
(As a reminder, for Eighth Grade Confirmation you will need to complete at least four Parish Service Projects and three Community Service Projects by February.)
- Helping with Children's Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) - at Sunday 10:00 am Masses.
- Volunteer to become an Altar Server or Usher - Father Francis will be training all 5th graders in February. You will receive a separate sign up to begin volunteering at mass.
- Youth Choir - Volunteer to be part of the Children's Choir.
- Religious Education Classroom Helper - Classroom helpers will help the catechists with the classroom activities such as taking attendance, helping prepare and perform classroom activities and projects.
- Reconciliation Meeting Babysitters - You will babysit for the families attending the reconciliation meeting usually in October.
- Communion Meeting Babysitters - You will babysit for the families attending the communion meeting usually in February.
- Communion Retreat Leaders - Communion retreat leaders will help second graders at their communion retreat.
- Communion Retreat Babysitters - You will help watch the younger siblings of the second graders in the chapel while they are on their communion retreat.
- Santa's Helpers for Breakfast with Santa - Assist the coordinators with keeping tables clean and kids activities for Breakfast with Santa.
- Join Youth Group
- Helping the Rectory with Christmas - Stuffing, sealing and stamping the parish Christmas Mailing materials.
- Helping the Rectory with Easter - Stuffing, sealing and stamping the parish Easter Mailing materials.
- St. JosaFest 2020 - Check back for this Opportunity.
- Vacation Bible School Helpers 2020 - Volunteer to be a teen leader at VBS.
- Athletic Assistant - Help Mrs. York with various athletic projects as they come up. Contact Mrs. York.
- Document & Write About the history of St. Josaphat Parish. Contact Mrs. Frech.
- Girl Scout Helper - Assist with a girl scout meeting. Contact Mrs. Frech.
- Advent Wreath Making - Help families make a wreath for Advent contact Mary Jane Sullivan.